Portfolio Link

Should you be interested in viewing a more "formal" portfolio site, please visit: http://www.carlverster.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mother Load

You may or may not know that my mother is an artist too. In fact my interest in art is largely as a result of my mothers interest in art. Her preferred medium is watercolours, which, as you know is a medium I find rather intimidating. Although I have dabbled with watercolours I find them to be the artistic equivalent of tightrope walking without a net. It's too instant, too permanent and doesn't give me the freedom to change and let the painting alter in mid process.
My mom has had training with several well known water colour artists such as Richard Rennie and, although she has made no real effort to market her work I think her work is really very good. At the risk of being nepotistic, take a look at some of the quick little sketches for hers that I got my hands on.






No comments: