Portfolio Link

Should you be interested in viewing a more "formal" portfolio site, please visit: http://www.carlverster.com

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Petite Poems

Mercia has asked for a short poem for each of the 5 pieces going up to the Petite exhibition at Essenssual Art, to place next to the painting.
So far we have two poems (one for 'This Kiss' and one for 'Dreams of Eros') ... does anyone want to assist with the writing of a short poem for "Kiss Me?", "Eros" and "Psyche"?
Give me the 1st line or two for each and I will complete the rest.

Also ... some exciting news. Mercia has almost convinced me to have a formal exhibition (something I have never done before ... only having contributed to joint exhibitions in the past). It's not within my comfort zone and terrifies me, but as Mercia would be hosting it I feel better about the idea ... excited. We will be talking through some ideas and beginning to plot and plan this weekend! Terrified, but SO excited too.

So poems please ....

Listening to this

8 comments:

Mercia Deale said...

Carl
Happy to have pushed you ...

To Carl's readers...
I know it's almost impossible..but try and convince this man that he so deserves an exhibition!

Anonymous said...

what do you mean "almost convinced you"? Mercia is right you DO so deserve an exhibition. You are an extremely talented artist and I say put it out there let the world see your work, after all I am sure Mercia doesn't push just anybody and hold the exhibition for them as well. See it as not only an honour but a chance to be recognised. What do you have to loose, you can only gain from this.

Really so so happy for you Well Done :)

TS said...

Go for it!!

Carl said...

Okay then! *Grinning my head off* ... I'll do it! Decision made.
Oh frikken heck .... *begins to chew nails furiously*

Anonymous said...

Kiss Me?
A lingering thought,
as the moment passes...

Eros
Shadows cast downwards from a half hidden moon...

Psyche
A whisper,
faint echos,
drift through the trees
as the dusk closes in
A pianissimo - faint tones of her wings beating,
as she makes her descent...

You will have to tidy them up if you approve :)

Carl said...

Oh wow!!!!! :) What a come back!
Heart breakingly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

takes hrs to "loose integrity" and minutes to make a come back... :?)

Carl said...

Lucky you ... it always works the other way around for me!