Portfolio Link

Should you be interested in viewing a more "formal" portfolio site, please visit: http://www.carlverster.com

Sunday, March 28, 2010

2nd Every One Counts Contribution

This is my second painting created for the EveryONECounts project ... see http://www.everyonecounts.co.za or the FB group.

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”– Hellen Keller
Daniel Lost, at Rest
Oil on canvas 30cm x 30cm x 1cm

This is last nights work ... these three will go up to Clarens next weekend along with "Wuthering Heights" and "Edge of Desire", bound for Mercia's gallery, EssensualArt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isnt it incredible how emotions often need to be fought when viewing art? how an artist is able to express those emotions is beyond me. 'Daniel lost at rest' must have been so hard to paint because I battle to even look at that painting without getting chocked up.

Carl said...

That's very intuitive of you!
I've had some very strong reactions (positive but emotional)to it from people who have no idea what's behind it, which suprises and amazes me
Oddly enough, the painting bit wasn't the hardest part, it was making the decision to paint it, and then the decision to let it go (which I'm still struggling with truth be told ... but I simply CANNOT keep it ... it carries too much!) The actual process of painting is absorbing enough to keep me distracted ... stepping back and looking at the finished product was a massive blow to me emotionally.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk about it though. I am humbled by your insight and appreciate you sharing your reaction so very much. It is important to me.