Portfolio Link

Should you be interested in viewing a more "formal" portfolio site, please visit: http://www.carlverster.com

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Thomas Crown Affair

Well, for the first time in my life I am taking legal action against someone.
A handful of my paintings have been hanging in limbo (the very occasional sale resulting) in these peoples place for just over a year.
Back in May they informed me that they had allowed one of their interior decorator clients to take 4 of my pieces so they could see if they wanted to buy them for some lodge or not. I wasn't happy about that at all, but what could I do, it was already done. I never got paid for them and never got them back despite months of asking and pleading. The situation is aggravated by the fact that I had several real offers for the missing works during that period! Their attitude throughout frankly stinks, so ....
I'll let you know what transpires ....

Anyway ... painted these two this weekend.
 
Skeleton - Oil on canvas 20cmx20cmx4cm x 2


Where Are You Now? - Oil on canvas 20cmx20cmx4cm x 2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a thought... you could be famous from all of this. Think of all the pieces stollen during world war 2 and how their is so much history there... just to make for another interesting chapter in your book. :)

Carl said...

:) Fame is not big on my agenda to be honest. (although that could be fun!) ... Book?:O
I likw the way you think:D
(I am writing a book again ... but it's pure fiction. ;)