Portfolio Link

Should you be interested in viewing a more "formal" portfolio site, please visit: http://www.carlverster.com

Monday, September 7, 2009

Copy cats.

I discovered recently that some dweeb nearby one of the galleys hanging my art, is copying my paintings and selling them nearby (basically replicas of my paintings done the EXACT way I paint zebs, giraffes, elephants ... the works), and doing it so well that my own mother thought it was my work!
What a sad little individual he must be. Tut tut.
It's actually not annoying me as much as I thought it would. I find it funny more than anything that another artist would think my work worth copying I guess. If he has an artist's heart it must be eating him up knowing he's imitating not innovating. I know it would leave me feeling very hollow.
Oh well, as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ... and plagiarism.

No comments: